top of page


By Dr. Clifford Yun, PT, DPT


There are spaces in the vertebra that the spinal roots come out of. The center of the spine where the spinal cord runs through is called the vertebral foramen. Space, where the roots come out of, are called the transverse foramen. With aging, the foramen close and we begin to get a pinching on the spinal cord and spinal root nerves. This too can produce radicular symptoms to the lower back and the legs. (Image below is from

If you have pain, weakness, and other symptoms related to this topic call 212-956-2900 or go to the Contact section of our webpage for an appointment

Stenosis of thespine
bottom of page